Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Vegan Pizza

I saw an article in a magazine about making pizza without the cheese and loading it with as many veggies as possible, so we decided to give it a go. I thought about adding pesto too, which sounded delicious, until we got to the store and realized that there's parmesan cheese in pesto. I should have known that! And after driving 13 hours home from vermont the day before, I just didn't feel like making our own pesto. So, we grabbed some fresh oregano and basil and chopped a heaping pile of that up with some garlic instead.


I've had an obsession with mushrooms lately, so I figured that maybe it's my body telling me that I need a certain nutrient, and I looooove portabello mushrooms, so we decided to go mushroom heavy!! End result, it was delicious. I really didn't miss the cheese as much as I thought I would. A little crushed red pepper added just the needed touch of spice!

2 comments:

  1. you could try putting tofutti cream cheese on it if you want some cheese flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, I'm not sure if I would like that or not. I do have the vegan parmesan cheese which was a must since we're making pastas. It's made with rice I believe, but it tastes almost exactly the same!

    ReplyDelete